The contract for sale is on display in the Castle Archive. The Castle was never captured, yet besieged for many times. Rich in history, the place has seen everything from the Thirty Years´ War to the aftermath of World War II. It always has served as a secure refuge for the local residents at the hour of need. From the spacious yard you´ll pass by the 5-story Palace to enter the second yard through a Renaissance archway. This yard gives way to an arcaded court that dates back to the year 1581 and is lavishly decorated with flowers. In the year 1973, the Oak Chapel was erected beneath the Chapel, using the wood of the 1000-years old fallen giant oak tree of Klam. An air-raid shelter that can accommodate up to 50 people was built here in 1981 and 1982.
The ample museum amenities include the Chapel and the Castle Pharmacy, all of which are decorated with antique furniture and paintings. The impressive exhibits on display include an extensive china and weaponry collection.
Opening Times: May through October
Daily 10:00am to 5:00pm
Last Guided Tour at 4:00pm
Tour takes 1 Hour
Tours are available in English as well.
Bookings essential with travel groups.
Discounts (Age-related / Groups):
Adult Ticket: EUR 6.00
Discounted Group Ticket (10+): EUR 5.00
Child Ticket: EUR 3.00
Family Ticket: EUR 15.00
The Castle was erected by Otto of Machland in the year 1149 and has been in the hands of the Counts of Clam-Martinic for half a millennium. The descendants of the family still reside on the Castle. The contract for sale is on display in the Castle Archive. The Castle...