Lying on historical ground, embedded in the protected valley hollow of the river Krems and the varying arrangements of the slopes at the foot hills of the Alps and on the edge of a triangle of cities, the market town of Kremsmünster is 33 km from Linz, 18 km from Wels, and 28 km from Steyr.
Kremsmünster Abbey was founded in the year 777 by Bavarian Duke Tassilo III. The town received its market rights in 1489 from Emperor Friedrich III.
Music dominates cultural events, whether it is at concerts, sung or played, classical or modern, religious or secular. Events take place all year round in the churches, the inns, in the Cultural Centre Cinema, in the concert hall of Kremsegg Castle, in the Emperor’s Hall in the abbey. The Dilettantentheaterverein 1812 Kremsmünster amateur theatrical society also plays a significant role with is performances in the historic theatre on the Tötenhengst.
Kremsmünster provides employment for approx. 3,100 people in more than 200 companies. And there are also more than 200 small businesses and around 200 farmers.
The art treasures in the abbey, the observatory and the Musical Instrument Museum at Kremsegg Castle.
Outdoor pool, District Sports Hall, sports ground, fist ball court, asphalt curling, beach volleyball, skating ground, tennis courts, cycling paths, walking paths, riding stable and the Schacherteiche relaxation area.
345 m ASLElevation
48.05, 14.13GPS coordinates
On the motorway A1 via Sattledt, then 7km on the B122
Via Linz or Graz
Kremsmünster Marktgemeinde Kremsmünster
Phone +43 43 7212
Fax machine +43 7583 7049
You can also visit us onVisit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Wikipedia