A Warm Welcome to Lengau!
The community of Lengau comprises the three hamlets of Friedburg, Lengau and Schneegattern, making it the biggest rural commune in Innviertel Region. The ample territory is encircled by the mighty Kobernausser Woods in the North and by Krenwald Forest in the South.
Lengau is known for its exceptional unspoilt beauty and for its rich variety of recreational activities.
The renown town of Salzburg, lovingly dubbed "Mozart´s Town", is less than half an hour drive, making Lembach truly a place for all seasons. The gently rolling foothills of our surroundings can be explored on foot or by bicycle, following the stunning network of sign-posted hiking and cycling trails. Discovering the rich flora and fauna of the woods and pastures truly is a worthwhile experience.
At all times of the year, the scenery itself provides reason enough to spend time in this unique region... And everywhere you go, there are lovely places to eat, where you will be pampered with hearty and mouth-watering delicacies of the region.
- Pilgrimage Church at Heiligenstatt
- Franz Winkelmeier, the Giant (2.58 meters tall)
- Viewing Galleries at the Riedel Glass Factories
- Magnificent Greenbelt Recreation Area
- Stunning Network of waymarked Cycle & Hiking Trails
- Escorted Walks across Kobernausserwald Forest
- Famous Bourgeois Guards