05. Trade House
From 1587 for black smiths, tailors, inn keepers, traders and commerce
This building in the former church quarter is documented since 1587. It borders on the inner town wall on the former town moat and was seat to various trades such as black smith, tailor, inn keepers and traders. Interesting is that the building consists of an old part which originated in the inner town wall and a newer part which originated after the town hall was taken down and the moat was filled in 1874. During the 20th century the grocery wholesaler Traunmüller was situated here, supplying the whole of the Salzkammergut, later to be transformed into the store chain A&O. the building was extended toward the Graben in 1960 where the Gmunden Dairy installed a milk drinking hall offering various milk products for sale. Thereafter estate agents followed as tenants.