© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
SearchSearch
Close

19. Oldest town school

Gmunden, Oberösterreich, Österreich

From the late middle ages to 1844
From 1858 printers Habacher

This double house situated opposite the main entrance to the Catholic Church, was originally owned by Gmunden Town Council and served as a school building. It housed the so called town school. As the number of pupils grew a new school building was erected in the Habertstraße. The former school building Kirchenplatz 1 was sold to the printers’ family Habacher in 1858. Since then the building has been called Habacherhaus.

  • Can only be viewed from outside

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


19. Oldest town school
Kirchenplatz 1
4810 Gmunden

Contact person

Historisches Gmunden
Toscanapark 1
4810 Gmunden

E-Mailinfo@historisches-gmunden.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA