Parish Church Ansfelden
Listed parish church in the center of Ansfelden.
The exact year of the foundation of the Roman Catholic parish church of St. Valentine has not been handed down. However, it is assumed that this happened very early, already around the year 764, after the transfer of the relics of St. Valentine to Passau.
The planning and the construction of the baroque parsonage took place between 1669 and 1707. In the same years the parish church was also baroqueized and a high altar room was added. The church's namesake, St. Valentine (patron saint of epileptics), is depicted on the high altar painting.
The many years and events left their mark on the parish church. In order to preserve it in its beauty, major renovations to the church took place between 1970 and 1980.