The shrine on the old Scharflinger pass road is dedicated to St. Ägideus and St. Wolfgang.
No one knows when it was built. A first mention of the shrine comes from the year 1250th. Many accidents occurred on the steep pass road.
The shrine is based on the ground of the federal forest. In 1900 Mrs. Elisabeth Wiener took over the care. Since then he was and is cared for by family members. It was always important that on the first Saturday in May particularly beautiful flower arrangements - usually a may wreath- was appropriate. Traditionally, the Mondseer pilgrims come here on their way to St. Wolfgang on the first Saturday in May.
The large Aegidi statue with the doe was stolen around 1960. An image of the saint replaced the precious statue. Twice in the following decades the roof of Wolfgang and Alfred Wiener was renewed.
By 2000, the shrine was already very dilapidated and almost given the expiration price. Residents of Scharfling and St. Gilgen eventually helped to renovate the shrine. Josef Wiener donated the wood for it, Alfred Wiener did the bricklaying. Augustin Kloiber (Museum St. Gilgen) took care of the Picture of St. Ägidius and St. Wolfgang.
In May 2008, Johannes Pausch (moneatery Gut Aich) inaugurated the newly renovated Sign of Faith on the ancient transition from Mondseeland to St. Gilgen.4 Since then, Mrs. Rosa Hammerl has been taking care of this oldest "chapel" in the Region. Since 2010, St. Gilgener and their pastor and music groups have been celebrating a May Day night here each year.