Cross of the Drachenwand
Already on June 29, 1929, Franz Bratka and Martin Weiss from the Alpine Club Mondsee erected a 6-meter high wooden cross on the Drachenwand. Three years later, it was destroyed and removed by unknown assassins.
In April 1936, the Mondseer asked to build the cross again. Fuschl spoke against it, so the project had to be postponed for the time being.
On May 8, 1949, August Meindl, with the help of friends (Mr. Adam - USA) brought a wooden cross to the summit again. Destroyed by lightning, it had to be renewed in 1976. Again, August Meindl was at work. The inauguration took place on June 12, 1977.
In 1986, a lightning strike destroyed this wooden cross. This time it was replaced by a metal cross donated by the Meindl family. Kaplan Mag. Ortner inaugurated it on October 9, 1988 as part of a mountain mass.
In winter 2006/07 violent storms demolished the crossbeams. In the spring of 2007 Herbert Meindl dismantled the broken cross, repaired it and returned it to the summit with the help of his sons.