The Eller Chapel is owned by the Hammerl Family and was built 1890 by Andrä and Maria Hammerl as a gratitude for the good Progress of the construktion of their farm. The Chapel was built from the leftover Stones that came mostly from the foot of the Schober.
In 1954 the chapel was completely destroyed by fire caused by a Lourdes light. Johann and Maria Hammerl and their sons rebuilt them. The altar carved the then 24-year-old son Johann.
Weather conditions, frost damage due to the lack of a foundation, damp walls, the desolate roof and the new road construction were reasons why the owners Matthias and Margarete Hammerl decided in 2002 to rebuild the chapel. To ensure a safer exit on the Edlweg, the chapel was moved 15 m to NW.
Construction began on March 26, 2002. Thanks to the help of neighbors, friends and relatives, construction progressed swiftly. The attic with the vault attached to it was lifted by crane from the old to the new chapel. For the floor you chose Salzburg marble. The altar with the portrait of Mary with the baby Jesus and the other furnishings was lovingly restored by Johann Hammerl (died in May 2012), as well as the Stations of the Cross. The altar had survived the fire in 1954 almost intact and therefore still comes from the first chapel. The Way of the Cross is a Cross of the Cross, as can also be found in the Loibichler Church and on the way to Kolomansberg.
On 5 May 2002, the new chapel was inaugurated by pastor Josef Edlinger. On the outside, the pictures of St. Florian and St. Leonard were again applied, as they were known from the first chapel.
Every year in May, the altar of the Eller Chapel is decorated with a book wreath. In this chapel, Mayan prayers are still held daily except on Saturdays. Neighbors and friends of the family come to these rosary prayers