ways of the cross
The Kolomans-church was very popular with pilgrims.
Back in 1866 the rectory of Mondsee was already looking Forward to building a new way of the cross. 14 oil paintings were made by Johann Rehrl from Salzburg.
When this paintings were exchanged for black and White ones is unknown. These new ones were made by Johann Michael Kauperz from Graz. They got a wooden Frame.
The stations of the way of the cross had to be renovated again in the middle of the 21st century. The new Frames out of oak Wood were made by Mr Freinberger. Mrs Theresia Dirnhammer gifted the paintings. They were made by Gebhard Fugl and the series had the Name "the holy way of the cross"
50 years later the Pictures were again Pretty rundown.
A conformation Group took it upon themselves to make that Project their own. It took a while,
but Family Graspoitner donated the wood and the tin, Andreas Wildroither did the woodwork and Matthias Nußbaumer also helped, because he was so greatful that he healed from a serious injury. The vicar Dr Ernst Wagender blessed the stations in the summor of 2017.
Gebhard Fugl was Born on the 14th August 1863 in Oberklöcken by Ravensburg and died on the 26th of february in Munich.
He studied art at the University of Stuttgart. He had a Special interest in christain Motives. He had a lot of success with his paintings. Later in 1890 he founded the "Deutsche Gesellschaft für christliche Kunst"
He mostly painted altar paintings. His most well known work is the "Panorma "Kreuzigung Christi" that is today located in Altötting. He painted it in 1902 and it is under Monument protection today.