The chapel was built in 1911 and renewed in 1979 by the Tiefgrabener hunters.
The altarpiece contains a copy of the Cranach Madonna. In the wrought-iron lattice a Hubertushirsch and a hunter are represented. The Tiefgraben hunters keep alive in this chapel the memory of the deceased Waidkameraden.
In May, all hunters meet here for a Mayan devotion. Afterwards everyone receives his "Ausscheinschein" (authorization certificate for the current hunting year). The Hubertusmesse, designed by the music band Tiefgraben, is usually celebrated here in autumn.
The chapel is maintained by the Feusthuber family, Unterellmauer, on whose land it stands.