© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria

Eligius Chapel

Mondsee am Mondsee, Oberösterreich, Österreich

In 1490 the hammer mill was built. Until the 18th century the next Building was the Schönmühle. Nevertheless, in 1774, the great fire spread there and destroyed the houses.

The chapel probably only exists since the rebuilding of the building. Originally it was the image of the market fire in 1774. This original image is now kept in the house Hierzenbergerstraße 32.
In 2006 the chapel was renovated. Since then she is the hl. Dedicated to Eligius, patron of metalworkers.
The company ABW relocated to Oberwang. Since 2016, the area belongs to Erlachmühle. The Wieneroither family now looks after the chapel and completed renovations in 2017.

Accessibility / arrival


Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


Eligius Chapel
Hierzenberger Straße 36
5310 Mondsee am Mondsee

Phone +43 6232 4166

Contact person

Pfarre Mondsee
Kirchengasse 1
5310 Mondsee am Mondsee

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA