The Chapel is dedicated to the holy virgin Mary. The Picture on the altar Shows the crowning of Mary.
The inscription on the picture shows that the Chapel is one of the oldes in the area:
"In Honor of the son, the Father and the holy gost, the holy virgin Mary and saint Florian Johann Gastberger has built this cross in the year 1751. Mathias and Maria Anna Wendtner repainted the Picture in 1859 and their son Augustin and Maria renovated it in 1887"
In 1751 the pillar was placed over the grave of three People who died of the plague. The Chapel however was built in 19th century.
In the 60is in may almost every day People would pray at this place.
Martina Storbl, Langmann farmer, renovated the Chapel in 1980. The locals of Innerschwand helped her. Christine Edtmayer cleaned the painting, Peter Strobl made chairs and blacksmith Schneider the grid. The ceiling was done by Michael Strobl from Oberwang, as he was hired by the Company Graspointner.
A Party was thrown to celebrate the Blessing of the church by Josef Edlinger. The farm house is currently rented by Mr Herbert Stadlmayr who Looks after the Chapel after the death of Mrs Marai Wagner.