The cross was built in 1876, because thunderstorms reguarly caused havoc in the area. It was built by Matthias Wenninger.
In 1880 Matthias and Franziska Weninger adopted Leopald Langer, whos muther had died. Leopold married Theresia Fischhofer from St Lorenz on the 24th November of 1890. Together they wanted to carry on looking after the farm.
The cross had to be renovated multiple times:
Mehrmals musste das Kreuz saniert werden. An größere Renovierungen erinnern die Namen und Jahreszahlen:
1934 – Leopold and Theresia
1948 – August and Josefa
1986 – August and Anna
2009 – Leopold and Michaela
In the early renovations Georg Alt from Munich and Maria Rohrmoser played a big part. In 2009 the figurines had to be remade. Will Baihofer took on the woodwork and Marina Hofinger painted them. A huge Party was thrown when the renovations had finished. The cross was blessed. In 2017 the cross was badly damaged by a storm and had to be renovated againg.