parish church Oberwang
The church is blessed to Saint Kilian. The worship of the Saints can be traced back to Saint Wolfgang, so a church has been in the Oberwang as far back as 976.
The parish church was first mentioned in a document from 1145.Urkundlich wird die Kirche 1145 als Filialkirche von Mondsee genannt.8)
In the 15th century the church was renovated in the gothic stile and in 1470 it was blessed together with the parish church St Stefan by Mondsee. In 1687 the abbot wanted the church to be renovated. They also added a Tower. Meinrad Guggenbichler built the altar that shoes the murder of Saint Kilian.
The church is a parish church since 1723.
The church was renovated again in 2015 and the altar room was redesigned by Mrs Mag. Anne Schneider.