The Chapel is located on the old pathway between Mondsee and Oberwang, which is known as the Konradweg (Konrad Path).
Abbot Konrad from the monastery Mondsee was on his way home on the 15th of january 1145, when he was murdered.
According to legend a well sprung at the Location of the murder and Konrad became a martyr in the eye of the People. As soon as 1210 Accountings of the holy and healing powers of the well and the well became a location a lot of pilgrims visited.
The fountain was renovated by abbot Christoph Wasner in the 1600 hundreds. Donations were collected so they could start Building the fountain.
In 1965 Mrs Lydia Roppolt and her mother looked after the fountain and renovated it. Three big paintings that Show the life of the saint Konrad and a statue of Saint Konrad from the late baroque went under renovation,
The fountain is located in the municipal area of Innerschwand. A pilgrim path contects the Chapel with the Konrad church that is located in the municipal area of Oberwang.
The families Graspointner and Foischl looked after the church, which was a big challenge, because hikers and bikers kept using the passageway as a toilet.