The farmhouse was built in 1872. Probably the chapel Dates also from this time.
For many years, the trail led past Hingen to Mondsee. At the Chapel was a waymarking appropriate.
The first chapel was made entirely of wood. In 2002, some components were rotten and had to be replaced. The family decided to build a new Chapel at the old place. The attic is still old, of Course it was repaired and the roof newly covered. The chairs and the wooden ceiling are also new.
The large wooden cross on the eastern outer wall is the work of Hans Mayrhofer from Zell am Moos, who made it after the First World War.
The new Baumgartner chapel was inaugurated by the pastor of Zell am Moos. The chapel is locked and serves mainly private use. Mrs. Maria Lettner, senior farmer from Baumgartnergut, cares for and decorates her with great care. She is happy to show visitors the Chapel.
Please get in touch for more information.
Baumgartner chapel Am Zellerbach 14
5310 Tiefgraben am Mondsee
Phone +43 6232 4166
5310 Mondsee am Mondsee