the Breitenthaler Chapel
Theres a tale that where the Chapel stands today, a farm was located.
The farm burned down in the year 1850 and the new house was built at its place. The chapel was probably also built at the same time.
1959 Hierner Paul a carpenter tiled the chapel and 1980 August Meindl renovated it.
In february 2000 the farm burned down again and Elisabeth Brucker, who had imparied mobility, tragically died in the flames. The chapel is a place of remembrance for her.
Her nephew Mr Brucker inherited the farm. Currently the Family of his daughter Annemarie and Dietmar Scheck live in it.
2002 the chapel went under remediation, and a tree near the Chapel had to be cut down. A new grid was put in place and a rose bush was planted next to the entrance.
During Advent and Christmas time a Christmas tree which is lit up with fairy lights, lights up the Breitenthaler Chapel. On the way back following ttradtion the Chapel is the last stop on the yearly pilgrim route.
Lastly the people retreat at the Breitenthaler farm.