pilgramige church Mariahilf
The pilgramige church Mariahilf was originally called Ulrichs chapel, which was renovated in 1449 in the gothic stile by abbot Simon Reuchlin.
The spanish war and it slowly creeping up on the Mondseeland (1702) made the abbot Amadeus Göbl pray to the holy Mary. After the end of the war he Held his promise and built the pilgrimage church Mariahilf in Mondsee. In 1706 he renovated the original church in the baroque stile and hired Meinrad Guggenbichler to built the alter. The two pulpits are also from Meinrad Guggenbichler.
Because of the chapels Close proximity to the Highway it got the Name "Mariahilf at the Freeway"
In may of the year 1994 another alter was built, designed for free by the architect Mr Schuh. The Brothers Mayerhofer from Salzburg built the altar. The chapel went under big renovation from 2005 until 2006.
A detailed descprition of church and its art can be bought in the shop by the basilika.
The Mariahilf Church is the Destination of multiple pligramage Groups on their way to St. Wolfgang.
The church is a popular Location for baptisms, marriages or anniversary celebrations.
The sexton Anni Grabner remembers that a lot of couples who got married at the church return later in life. It's a place of faith for a lot of People and a nice place to have a look around and enjoy a Moment of silence.
Please get in touch for more information.
pilgramige church Mariahilf Hilfberg
5310 Tiefgraben am Mondsee
Phone +43 6232 4166