The Mondsee is a Pre-Alpin-Lake with a area of 14,2 km². In General fishing is only from the shore allowed with exception with a boat license. Yearly there are only 100 boat license.
The fish stocks of the Mondsee include: rake, carp, bream, aitel, arbor, pike, zander, eel, perch, brook and rainbow trout as well as lake fish and other fish species. In the lake, which is up to 63 meters deep, the pike, zander, eel and carp are fished from the shore.
The following restrictions must be observed:
• 4 racks per day.
• Extraction of char is prohibited
• There is no limit on other species
• Fishing permitted only from shore (except: boat license)
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR FISHING
A fishing license is required to fish at the Mondsee
The following is required to purchase the fishing license:
• An Upper Austrian fishing card or other recognized fishing card
• A Upper Austrian license booklet (control Card)