© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria

Parish of St. Peter/Freistadt

Freistadt, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

St Peter's was first mentioned in documents between 1241 and 1276. It was probably a branch parish of Neumarkt.

St Peter's was a cemetery church of the town of Freistadt. The branch church had a predecessor building, which was excavated in 1962. The foundations of the Gothic building stand on the predecessor church.

The church was destroyed during the Hussite Wars. It was rebuilt at the same time as the Frauenkirche in Freistadt. The three-aisled, four-bay nave with its ribbed vault is remarkable.

The year 1467 with crossed keys can be found on the front arch.

  • opened daily
  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.


Parish of St. Peter/Freistadt
St. Peter bei Freistadt
4240 Freistadt

Phone +43 7942 73278
E-Mail pfarre.freistadt@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4084/in…

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA