Todays church of the Virgin Mary was used as a monastery church of the Capuchins until 1785, which was broght to Wels due to the Counterreformation in 1628 by the initiative of the Kremsmünster Abbey Antonius Wolfradt.
Built in 1630 and 1631, the church is dedicated to St. Bonaventura, the chapel of St. Virgin Mary.
For further information, please contact:
Magistrat der Stadt Wels, Stadtarchiv
4600 Wels +43 7242 235-7680