Parish Church and Courtyard
The Gothic Parish Church comprising an outstanding
Baroque Court are the most characteristic features of Niederwaldkirchen.
Around 1400 Hans Krumauer remodeled the church in Gothic style. He also built the church´s chancel of Passau Cathedral. At the same time the Blasiuskapelle funeral chapel was added. In the interior of this beautiful church can be found its most precious possession, a Baroque style high altar. In the course of the years Niederwaldkirchen became a place of worship of the Virgin Mary.
Between 1715 and 1735 the outstanding Baroque courtyard was constructed. The architect and builder is unknown but in fact similar elements can be found in St. Florien and the in ancient parish courtyard of Ansfelden.
Please get in touch for more information.
Parish Church and Courtyard Florianiplatz 1
Phone +43 7231 2516
mobile +43 676 87765358
Fax machine +43 7231 2151618
Mag. Karl Arbeithuber
Phone +43 7231 2516 - 0