© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria

Monastery Church

Münzbach, Oberösterreich, Österreich
Two stone lions rest gracefully in front of the entrance to the former monastery courtyard. The parish church dedicated to St Laurentius was completely rebuilt in 1664-69. The three-aisled pillar basilica now has a barrel vault in the nave, while the two side aisles have retained the old ribbed vault. Of the Baroque furnishings restored in 1954, the tomb of Joachim Enzmilner, the builder of the nearby Renaissance Windhaag Castle, and the high altar built in 1793 - 94 in the style of Louis XVI are particularly noteworthy.

  • Registration required

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Guided tour

Please get in touch for more information.


Monastery Church
4323 Münzbach

Phone +43 7264 4555
E-Mail pfarre.muenzbach@dioezese-linz.at
Web dioezese-linz.at/muenzbach

Contact person
Pfarrer Josef Grafeneder

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA