© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria

Evangelic Church

Schärding, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The Church of St. Sebastian, also known as the Church on the Rock (situated on a solid block of granite) was originally built in 1630 in honour of both St. Sebastian und St. Rochus. These are the saints of all those afflicted by disease. This dedication was made in hope of averting the fast - approaching plague. After deconsecreation in 1738 it was used as a theatre and warehouse. It was eventually restored and
reconsecrated as a Protestant parish Church in 1954.

The Church of St. Sebastian, also known as the Church on the Rock (being built on a block of granite), was built in 1630 in honour of St. Sebastian and St. Rochus - the saints of all those afflicted by disease - in hopes of averting the fast-approaching plague. After being deconsecrated in 1783, it was used as a theatre and warehouse for a while, before being painstakingly restored and reconsecrated as a Protestant parish church in 1954.

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
Payment methods
Other payment methods
Cash payment
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for schools
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Not suitable for wheelchairs. The property is not compliant with Austria's ÖNORM legal standard.

Contact


Evangelic Church
Sebastian-Kneipp-Gasse
4780 Schärding

Phone +43 7712 4300
Fax machine +43 7712 4320
E-Mailinfo@schaerding.info
Webwww.schaerding.at
http://www.schaerding.at

Contact person

Tourismusverband Schärding
Innbruckstraße 29
4780 Schärding

Phone +43 7712 4300
Fax machine +43 7712 4320
E-Mailinfo@schaerding.info
Webwww.schaerding.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA