Sacred Heart Church
- Suitable for groups
Herz Jesu Kirche – Sacred Heart of Jesus Church
In the years 1905 to 1911, the “Herz Jesu Church” was built in Romanesque style with two prominent facade towers on the west. It was built on the initiative of the Welser pastor Josef Flotzinger in order to create a center of the, at the time mostly undeveloped city quarter Neustadt. Prof. 1960 Alfred Stifter from Linz painted the painting “The Sacred Heart of Jesus” in the apse.
For further information, please contact Stadtarchiv Wels, Magistrat der Stadt Wels, Maria-Theresia-Straße 33, 4600 Wels, Tel. 0043 7242/235-7050.