The Puchberg Palace was built in the 16th century. It is located in the midst of a magnificent park in the north of Wels. Today, it is a horseshoe-shaped plant. There is a fountain from the 18th century with a sandstone figure in it in the castle’s courtyard. Stone figures of Saint Mary and other saints from the time around 1740 are at the entrances to the economic buildings. Since 1953, the castle belongs to the diocese of Linz, which has established an education building there.