St Mary's of Scharten

Scharten, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

In the center of Scharten the Pilgrimage Church building is a central focus for visitors to the village.

Unfortunately nothing is known about the exact date of the Church´s foundation on this site, however, a church in Scharten appeared in historical documents for the first time on January 01, 1400.

Originally, the Church at Scharten was a subsidiary to the Parish of Eferding. In the year 1784 it received the state of an individual parish. The church you see today was built by stages. Construction began in 1506 by the Noblemen of Schaunberg. For the turmoil of the Reformation time it could only be completed by 1632.

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)
  • Suitable for teenagers
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


St Mary's of Scharten
Maria Scharten 1
4612 Scharten

Phone +43 7272 5210
mobile +43 676 87765219
Fax machine +43 7272 5255 - 9
E-Mailpfarre.mariascharten@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4219/pf…
https://www.dioezese-linz.at/pfarre/4219/pfarre/pfarrkircheundpfarrhof

Contact person
Mr Pfarrer GR Mag. Rupert Niedl
Maria Scharten 1
4612 Scharten

Phone +43 7272 5210
mobile +43 676 87765219
E-Mailpfarre.mariascharten@dioezese-linz.at

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA