St. Mary´s Gothic Parish Church
- ecclesia sanctae mariae -
"ecclesia sanctae mariae" was the church´s name first mentioned in Reichersberger Documents, referring to the wooden pilgrimage chapel called "Maria am Moos".
The parish of St. Marienkirchen, patronized by the town of St. Florian, first appeared in historical documents in 1182. Many years later the church was built (between 1502 and 1513). In 1581 St. Marienkirchen became an independent parish.
In 1714 the church tower was completely destroyed by a fire and reconstructed again with its typical cupola made of copper.