The majestic Castle in Baroque style was built by Francois de Cuvilliès between 1760 and 1772. Today the building hosts an educational center.
From 1250 onwards the Counts of "De Celle" owned the famous castle. In the middle of the 16th century the Retschan dynasty received Zell and its surroundings. In the course of the 17th century the Tattenbach Counts purchased the property as their hunting lodge.
In the sixth decade of the 18th century Count Josephus Ferdinandus of Tattenbach commissioned the famous architect Franz de Cuvilliès to erect the manor house. Christian Wink and Josef Damian Stuber, a renowned painter from Munich, decorated the interior of the stylish rooms.
Please get in touch for more information.