Chapel Piesdorf

Gampern, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The chapel dedicated to the patron saint St. Erasmus is already mentioned in a document from around 889 AD.

King Arnulf confirms the donation of "chapel and farms in Piscofesdorf" (later Piesdorf) to the monastery and Archabbot Thietmar of St. Peter in Salzburg. This document also shows that "that area had already been consecrated to God". It is therefore assumed that the Attergau was the missionary territory of Bishop Rupert of Salzburg.


The church was also affected by the great fire in Piesdorf in 1705. The sacristy was preserved and the church was rebuilt in Baroque style.

The Piesdorf church was known for its magnificent and lovely statue of the Madonna, "the Piesdorf Madonna", which is said to have been created in 1485. In 1936, the Madonna was brought to Gampern for restoration, where it was then placed on the left side of the church.


  • opened daily
  • open to the public

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Toilet facility
  • Food and drink available
Service
  • Guided tour
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for kids (all ages)
  • Suitable for teenagers
  • Suitable for seniors
  • Suitable for single travelers
  • Suitable for friends
  • Suitable for couples
  • Suitable for children
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Chapel Piesdorf
Gampern
4851 Gampern

Phone +43 7682 8045
E-Mailpfarre.gampern@dioezese-linz.at
Webwww.dioezese-linz.at/gampern
https://www.dioezese-linz.at/gampern

We speak the following languages

German
English

powered by TOURDATA