Parish Church of Herzogsdorf
- All weather
Tucked away in the folds of Mühlviertel´s gently rolling foothills, the parish church of Herzogsdorf towers high above the Danube Valley on a scenic plateau.
In 1878, the church celebrated its 500th anniversary with the building of a new bell tower in late Gothic style. Four magnificent chimes were added in the year 1952. The so called Wandlungsturm tower still features the original bell dating back to 1878.
The late Gothic style altarpiece was created by the renown artist Josef Kepplinger from St. Peter.
The original eight stop organ was built by "Mauracher" Florianer Werkstätten in 1904. The parish church is set amidst a beautiful graveyard with elaborate ornamental iron crosses. The mortuary was built in 1985.