The appealing and impressing castle Kogl was built at the beginning of the 19th century. In former times it has been in the possession of the earl Khevenhüller and was sold in 1810 at Dr. Pausinger, whose son was a famous painter.
1872 the baron Mayr-Melnhof purchased the castl and transfers it to her daughter countess Kottulinsky. The countess Dorothy Kottulinsky was known as a benefactress in the Attergau.
Engelhard and Komlossy had drawn the excellent Fresken, the scene from Ferdinand Raimunds “Verschwender”. Today the castle is in the possession of the baron Mayr-Melnhof, a nephew from the countess Kottulinsky, who lived with his family in this castle.
Legal contact informationSchloss Kogl, Familie Mayr Melnhof