Today’s parish St. Pankratius was until the convent’s dissolution in 1811 a monastery of the Augustinian canons. The gothic church was constructed above foundation walls in late Romanic style in the early 16th century.
In the 17th century the church was redecorated in baroque style, the tower was renewed in the 19th century after a lightning hit. The four cross beam main aisle was initially of three cross beams. The southern side cross beam is walled and the upper floor is opened to a corridor to oratory. The choir is also of four cross-beams and is elevated by two steps. The baroque styled vaulting shows rich stucco decorations of Mathias Salleitner and Josef Schmid. The fresco portraits of the life of holy Pankratius are creations of Christoph Lehrl.
The rosary chapel is closed through a decorative wroughtiron grille with angels. It was created by an unknown master from the “Innviertel” at the end of 17th century. The previous gothic choir with a beautiful net vaulting is situated over this chapel. On the side walls you can see precious gravestones, which remind us of famous provosts of the convent. The baroque high altar with excellent statues is made of marbled wood. It’s a creation of Sebastian Högenauer.
The altarpiece “The beheading of the holy Pankratius” was painted by Johann Kaspar-Sing.