The "Iron Horse" (Eisenross) is a symbol and a reminder of the terrors associated with the War of Succession.
On the roof of house number 21 in the "Linzer Straße", there is an iron horse made of sheet metal. This symbol reminds on the besiegement of Braunau by the Austrians after the battle in Simbach in May 1743 during the War of Succession.
The historical tradition tells us that at this time, the last noble horse was slaughtered to provide the starving population of Braunau with food. 6 weeks later, the citizen of Braunau consigned to the Austrian besieger, because they did not have anything to eat anymore.