© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria

Zinngießerhaus Tin Foundry Museum

Mattighofen, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The Zinngießerhaus, one of the oldest buildings within the region, was a part of the town´s fortification next to the old archway.

The tin foundry existed until the 20th century and was owned by the popular Eibl family until 1909. In 1965 the civil guard association purchased the building and redesigned it as their home and club house.

On the ground floor you can still visit the armory, the tower hosts the foundry itself with many interesting exhibits: old models and drafts, grinding instruments, tin products and many more original pieces. A spiral staircase is leading to the first floor comprising the heraldic room and the comfortably equipped exercise parlor.

One of the most remarkable features is the recently renovated "Wasserburger Fähnlein", a tiny flag in remembrance of the civil guard´s combat in the German town of Wasserburg during the Thirty Years´ War.

  • Registration required
  • Can only be viewed from outside

  • Parking space: 20
  • Parking area for disabled: 2
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
    • Guided tour
    • All weather
    • Suitable for groups
    • Suitable for schools

    Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.

    • ramp accessible
    other information
    • Entrance to the building


    Zinngießerhaus Tin Foundry Museum
    Stadtplatz 8 a
    5230 Mattighofen

    Phone +43 7742 2255
    Fax machine +43 7742 228510

    Contact person
    Tourismusverband Mattighofen

    We speak the following languages


    powered by TOURDATA