- All weather
The water tower is located at the Zwinger.
The brick mason master Wolfgang Khranlachner built the water tower in 1577 on behalf of the town treasurer office. Inside the tower were a lift and a water tank from which the water drawn from the Mühlbach was passed through pipelines leading to individual citizen houses and to the two municipal fountains on the town square. According to the legend, prisoners operated the waterwheels.
Remarkable are the beautiful Renaissance architecture and coat-of-arms paintings on the facade of the tower. The coats of arms symbolize the different possessions of the House of Habsburg.