© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Search
Search
Close

Pfarrkirche St. Aegidi

St. Aegidi, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

The documented parish and church history of St Aegidi dates back to the 12th century. However, it can be assumed that a wooden chapel dedicated to St Aegidius was already built in the course of the Bavarian colonisation around the year 1000. In 1550, the old, probably dilapidated wooden church was demolished and a stone church in the Gothic style was built in its place. In 1780, the damaged wooden tower had to be demolished and it was not until 1839 that a new church tower was built. Thirty years later, it was given its current dome. In 1974, the church was extended with two side extensions, giving it its inner cross shape. The altar from 1882 was replaced by a new altar with a sacrament column and ambo. The church was last renovated in 2000

  • opened daily
  • Registration required

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather
Season
  • Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

Please get in touch for more information.

other information
  • Escort required

Contact


Pfarrkirche St. Aegidi
St. Aegidi 3
4725 St. Aegidi

Phone +43 7717 7306
Fax machine +43 7717 7306
E-Mail pfarre.staegidi@dioezese-linz.at
Web www.dioezese-linz.at
http://www.dioezese-linz.at

Contact person
Mr Mag Jan Plata
St. Aegidi 3
4725 St. Aegidi

Phone 7717 7306

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA