Enchanting hut hike through the hell mountainside
June 1st - October 10th, 2022
This hike through the Höllengebirge (hell mountainside) offers you appealing ascents, breathtaking panorama and wonderful walks through the unique nature of high alpine regions.
The carrying out of the tour is dependent on weather conditions!
The tour partly covers alpine terrain. You will need appropriate mountain equipment and basic stamina. Necessary mountain equipment: ankle-high boots, functional clothes, rucksack, food and water, rain and sun protection, warm clothes (also in high summer, the temperature can fall very fast), first-aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking sticks, …
- 4 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 4 x overnight stays (1x at ***hotel und 3x at huts with communal bunks)
- 1 x welcome video with explanations and information that you need for the tour
- 1 x transfer from Ebensee to the Langbathsee
- 1 x cable car descent with the Feuerkogelseilbahn
- 1 x hiking map (1x per room)
- Service hotline from 08.00 - 18.00 (including weekends)
- A tree for your booking – we plant a tree for your booking
1st day: Individual arrival in Ebensee.
Overnight stay in Ebensee
2nd day: From the Langbathsee to the Hochleckenhaus hut
You start with a transfer from Ebensee to the vorderer Langbathsee lake. This wonderful alpine lake with its crystal clear water is the starting point for the hike. First you walk towards the hinterer Langbathsee lake and further on to the Taferlklaussee lake. Now it gets steeper uphill to the Hochleckenhaus at 1574 meteres above sea level.
~ 10,5 km, 6-7 Std, altitude difference á1050 / â176 m
Overnight stay at Hochleckenhaus.
3rd day:Hike from Hochleckenhaus to the Riederhütte
This day takes you on a path with constant up and down. First you pass the Jägerköpfl, and further via the Pfaffengrabenhöhe, the Grünalmkogel and the Brunnkogel to the Riederhütte hut. You hike through karst landscapes and high alpine flora. Finally the wonderful view onto the Großen Höllkogel compensates for todays effort.
~. 9 km, 5-6 Std, altitude difference á 773 / â570 m
Overnight stay at Riederhütte.
4th day: Via the Schneekogel to the Kranabethhütte
The highest point today is the starting point with 1765 meters above sea level, the lowest is at 1378 meters. The path winds through the lovely karst landscape, mostly with gentl ascents and descents. At the beginning you hike towards the Schneekogel before you take the Kaiserweg (emperors path) to the Kranabethhütte hut. The phenomenal view from the terrace is the perfect opportunity to finish the day.
~ 7,5 km, 3-4 Std, altitude difference á260 / â490 m
Overnight stay at Kranabethhütte.
5th day: Descent with the Feuerkogel cable car and departure
As a finisher you take the Feuerkogel cable car down to the valley, walk back into the town.
Rates per person and arrangement in €:
01.06. – 06.10.2022
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut) 279,--
Supplement half board 104,--
Supplement single room at hotel in Ebensee and at the Kranabethhütte 50,--
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- You must bring your own sleeping bag and pillow case - a hut sleeping bag does not provide sufficient warmth. Blankets and pillowcases are NOT available in the cabins due to Covid19;
- Bring your own mouth/nose mask
- On most huts, card payment is not possible. Take enough cash with you for food and drinks.
- Due to their location, not all huts can offer running water, hot water or showers. In some cases there is also no flushing system in the toilets.
We recommend travel cancellation insurance.
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation (train/bus).
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples