Self guided walking holiday in the Salzkammergut Austria
7 nights, luggage transfer, tour book, ....
"There is no more beautiful country in our time…" an old popular folk song says. Well, no other landscape may take this folk song as literally as the Austrian Salzkammergut. It certainly belongs to one of the special treasures of this world. The uniqueness also was recognized by the UNESCO and the region Hallstatt was awarded the predicate of natural and cultural heritage. Some special gems only can be reached on foot – a treat on this walking tour.
Day 1 – Individual arrival at Abersee/Wolfgangsee
Day 2 - Abersee - St. Wolfgang - St. Gilgen - Boat to Abersee
By boat to St. Wolfgang. Along the high walk to the Falkenstein wall – we enjoy the view on the lake. The idyllic Fürberg walk along the lake brings us to the Mozart village St. Gilgen. Return by boat.
- Distance: 10,5 km, Walking hour: 4 hours, Up 354 meters Down 354 meters (back to lake level)
Day 3 - Abersee - St. Wolfang - Lake Schwarzensee - Strobl - Bus to Bad Ischl
By boat to St. Wolfgang. Along the Sattel (saddle) walk to the lake Schwarzensee, where Madame Lore of the lake hut waits to treat you with local specialities. Down into the valley by a gorge and round about the Bürglstein to the lake promenade in Strobl. By bus to the Emperors town Bad Ischl.
- Distance: 11,8 or 15,5 km (around a little lake), Walking hour: 5,5 hours, Up 395 meters Down 395 meters (back too lake level)
Day 4 – Resting day in Bad Ischl
Visit the Emperors villa, Café Zauner or the hotel Austria, where once upon a time the engagement of Emperor Franz Josef and Elisabeth of Bavaria (the Sissi of the famous film …) took place.
Day 5 - Bad Ischl - Bad Goisern along the brine-pipeline trail
Salt always has been an important raw material of the Salzkammergut. Along the promenade in the river Ischl on the brine-pipeline walk to the world cultural heritage Bad Goisern.
- Distance: 10,5 km, Walking hour: 4 hours, Up 260 meters Down 180 meters
Day 6 – Bad Goisern - Lakeside Trail - Hallstatt - Boat/Train to Bad Goisern
You are following the lovely lakeside trail to the railway station Hallstatt where you take the ferry to Hallstatt (old salt mine – since the Celtic times). By boat we cross the lake and return to Bad Goisern.
- Distance: 14,5 km, Walking hour: 4,5 hours
Day 7 – Bad Goisern - Train Bad Ischl - Lake Nussensee - Strobl - Abersee
By train to Bad Ischl. Along the Elisabeth-walking path to the idyllic little lake Nussensee and than along the river Ischl to Strobl. On the lake through the Blinkling moor to Abersee (beautiful view to St. Wolfgang, Schafberg and the lake)
- Distance: 19,5 km (the tour can be shorten by coach or boat but so far all clients made the whole day), Walking hour: 6 hours, Up 210 meters Down 140 meters
Day 8 – Individual departure or extended stay
- 7 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 7 nights in 3 star hotels
- Boat fares on the lakes Wolfgangsee and Hallstätter See as per programme
- Train fare Hallstatt – Bad Goisern and Bad Goisern – Bad Ischl
- Salzkammergut Card (Reduction on more than 100 attractions)
- Tour book per room
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- English speaking tour guide
- Bus Strobl to Bad Ischl (Euro 3)
- € 580,00 per person
- bookable from 1 person
- Arrival 22.04.–30.06. and 28.08.-15.10.
Euro 675,- per person double room
Euro 855,- per person single room
- Arrival 01.07. – 27.08.
Euro 695,- per person double room
Euro 875,- per person single room
Euro 30,- per rental GPS)
- Discounts for tour operators / travel agents
- ARBÖ member
- ÖAMTC Member
- Salzkammergut Sommer-Card
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- For families
Self guided walking holiday in the Salzkammergut Austria Bestseller Reisen GmbH (Tour Operator)
Am Hasenanger 8
mobile+43 660 7347360
Please fill in all fields marked *.
Please fill in all fields marked *.