Exhilarating fun - whether during the day out on the ski slopes and paths of Stodertal valley, or in the nighttime on the floodlit run.
Zooming towards the valley below on a sled, this exciting Alpine method of transportation has been a source of enjoyment for all age groups for as long as anyone can recall. Whether during the day out on the ski slopes and paths of Stodertal valley, or in the nighttime on the floodlit run - no one can resist the thrill of speeding down an icy hillside.
Getting to the top:
Walk up next to the sled run itself, or ride up on the “Toboggan Taxi” (for which a fare is charged): Riedler company, Tel. +43(0)7564/5159
Sleds can be rented out at Landhotel Gressenbauer as well as from sporting goods stores in the village itself.
Natural toboggan run Hinterstoder
Report dated 29.03.2018
Toboggan run information
- Toboggan run type: Natural toboggan run
- length: 1.2 km
- Altitude difference: 200 m
Fröstlweg along the Höss Mountain Road
- Toboggan taxi: Riedler, Tel. +43(0)7564/5159
- by foot
- Refreshment points: Landhotel Gressenbauer
- Toboggan rental: Landhotel Gressenbauer - Phone: +43 (0) 7564/5359; Intersport Pachleitner - Phone: +43 (0) 7564/5205; Sport 2000 Huber - Phone: +43 (0) 7564/5271
- Restaurant / pub: Landhotel Gressenbauer
From December to March, with suitable snow conditions every day until 23.00 clock!
Accessibility / arrival
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for friends
Around one kilometer from the town center in the direction of Vorderstoder, next to Landhotel Gressenbauer, you will find the 1.2 km-long Stoderer natural sled run (drops 200 meters in elevation). If snow conditions are right, it is lit up until 11 o’clock at night....