Inspiring – the real moments of winter
Some of these moments are a mere blink of the eye: brief, glittering and intense. Others are testament to epic stories and experiences of beautiful winter landscapes. It is those special, authentic moments that inscribe themselves on our memories. So come, experience the magic yourself an discover your very own #uppermoments in Upper Austria.
The happy hour of your life.
The first rays of sun make their way over a mountain ridge, the first to sweep down a freshly prepared slope - these are the moments that inspire you and remain etched in your memory. Bettina Strittl and Irene Trinkl, daughter of former racer Hannes Trinkl, know well just how valuable it is to take the time to appreciate moments like these. The two friends take the time as often as they can to leave their mark on their local ski resort in Hinterstoder. These are the #uppermoments that have made their own mark on their friendship since childhood. Year after year.
Life is a playground.
Memories of childhood are roused and familiar feelings awaken. Andreas Holzinger experiences this when he playfully measures his height against his son's friend, Peter Engl. The two enjoy engaging in a few friendly races, allowing the elder of the pair to rediscover his youth as a former ski racer. And the boy is making strides with each race. There are #uppermoment for everyone on the slopes of the Dachstein West ski region.
When the heart begins jumping for joy.
Those of us lucky enough to be engulfed by a passion push our limits and easily transcend the limits of everyday life. Nothing else matters besides this moment. When Valerie Hammerschmid gets into this flow, she doesn't hesitate. The young woman quietly transforms into a true adrenaline junkie, showing off the tricks she has up her sleeve at Kasberg Funpark. The more daring the jump, the greater her #uppermoment.
Winter games – for your inner child
Snow angels, magic carpets and riding the waves – a playful introduction for children learning the fun of life on two skis. And once the desire to make their way down the slopes at their own speed is piqued, #uppermoments are guaranteed to follow – something mama Andrea is pleased about as she makes the trip to the Hochficht with her son Paul. Flashes of her own inner child shine through, conjuring a broad grin on her face. “It’s been a long time since I felt this free,” she says, hitting the next slope with her son.
It’s the real moments that move us
Upper Austria is a region offering unbelievably varied possibilities and landscapes with no end of unique moments. Always different. Always unexpected. Discover something special and real every day and be inspired by your own #uppermoments.
The new summer destination.
The stunning mountains and lakes in the Salzkammergut invite you to keep on reinventing and rediscovering this beautiful summer destination for yourself.
- Just like award-winning chef Lukas Nagl, who has devoted himself to the delights of regional cuisine
- Or Bernhard Höll, the founder of the Salzkammergut Mountain Bike Trophy, who likes to let off steam by swimming, cycling and running in his home region
- Or take expert optician Manfred Pamminger from Bad Goisern, who spends every free moment in "his" mountains
What's your favourite summertime moment?
UNESCO City of Media Arts.
The former steel city has been transformed into a vibrant cultural melting pot and trendy metropolis. Three fascinating people take you on a tour of their own very special Linz:
- Explore the depths of the human body with Franz Fellner
- Go ethical shopping with Christiane Luible-Bär in the old town
- Or join Markus Poschner, principal conductor of the Linz Bruckner Orchestra, as he listens to his favourite piece of music
Discover a different Linz!
The Danube in Upper Austria.
Soak up spectacular views of the Danube at locations such as the "Schlögener Schlinge", and enjoy the river's delightful towns and villages and superb cultural experiences.
- Like Michaela Dattinger, who loves walking the Donausteig trail in the Danube Valley so much so that she'll even do it for 24 hours
- Or professional cyclist Barbara Mayer, who enjoys cycling along the Danube cycle path with her family in her spare time
- Or globetrotter Gerhard Ebner, who still thinks his own campsite by the Danube is the most beautiful place in the world
Dive into their personal Danube stories.
Let your imagination roam.
Lush green meadows, mystical forests and gently undulating hills ... The granite uplands of the Mühlviertel invite you to explore - in your mind and in real life. Discover three people for whom the Mühlviertel always has special moments in store:
- Johannes Leitner is a master brewer in Freistadt, a town famous for its beer. He says: "Our beer is a true delight."
- Mountain biker Claudia Egginger always finds powerful reasons to get moving
- Ceramics designer Klara Schuster draws her energy from tranquillity
Immerse yourself in their stories as they transport you far and wide.
Famous for its nature and wild cliffs, the Pyhrn-Priel region lies in the south-east of Upper Austria. It's paradise for ...
- Helmut Steinmassl, a passionate climber who knows the mountains like the back of his hand
- Martina Platzer, who runs a 300-year-old alpine farm and inn, where she serves her guests food made by hand with love and affection
- Erich Wieland, who explores the mountains on his mountain bike
Experience the Pyhrn-Priel region as you follow in the footsteps of these nature lovers!