Regulations for access tests
Certificate - tested I vaccinated I recovered
Tests and their validity:
- Negative PCR test: Validity: 72 hours
- Negative antigen test from test lane, pharmacy, etc.: Validity: 24 hours
- Self-test (digital), recorded in an official data processing system: Validity: 24 hours
- Point-of-sale test: This on-site self-test must be carried out under the supervision of the operator of the establishment: Valid only for the duration of the stay.
- For children, the obligation to present a 3G certificate does not apply to children up to the age of twelve.
Tests for domestic and foreign guests
- For foreign guests, 3G proof Testesd I Vaccinated I Recovered is required when crossing the border: If you do not have a valid vaccination or convalescence certificate (see below), please arrive already with a test in your pocket (for foreign guests, appropriate proof of testing is required when crossing the border).
- Antigen quick tests can be done in public test stations (valid for 24 hours; also possible for foreign guests without Austrian e-card)
- Self-testing under supervision in the municipalities (validity 24 hours; also possible for foreign guests without Austrian E-Card)
- Self-tests and living room tests with QR code or official registration (validity 24 hours) - guests, also from the other provinces and countries, can bring these tests from home and also use them on holiday. They are valid throughout Austria
- Please note: Rapid antigen tests in pharmacies are only available to Austrians with an e-card (valid for 24 hours).
- Point of sale tests are an "emergency solution" for businesses to test guests who cannot show a negative COVID-19 test (valid only in this one business).
- Can be proven by means of vaccination certificate, vaccination card or vaccination certificate (printout or saved pdf).
- Since August 15, 2021, the certificate for the Green Passport will be issued only after complete immunization. It will be issued from the day of the 2nd vaccination.
- The second vaccination is valid for 360 days from the date of vaccination.
- Vaccines where only one vaccination is scheduled (e.g. from Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after vaccination for a total of 270 days from the date of vaccination.
- For persons who have already recovered (proof by PCR test or antibody test available at least 21 days before vaccination) and who have previously been vaccinated once, the vaccination is valid for 360 days from the date of vaccination.
- Booster vaccination: A further vaccination, whereby this must have taken place no more than 360 days previously and at least 120 days must have elapsed between this and one of the above-mentioned vaccinations.
- Certificate of isolation (based on a positive PCR test) or medical confirmation of survived infection confirmed by PCR test (valid for 180 days).
- Antibody test (not older than 90 days)
All proofs must be submitted in Latin script in German or English or in the form of an EU certificate ("green passport").
In addition to digital verification by means of a QR code, the analogue way is also possible, among others with a printed certificate, a notice of segregation or the vaccination certificate in combination with a photo ID.