Regulations for entry tests
Tests and their validity:
- Negative PCR test: Validity: 72 hours.
- Negative antigen test from test lane, pharmacy, etc.: Validity: 48 hours
- NEW:Self-test (digital), recorded in an official data processing system: Validity: 24 hours
- Point-of-sale test: This on-site self-test must be carried out under the supervision of the operator of the establishment: Valid only for the duration of the stay.
Tests for domestic and foreign guests
- Please arrive with a test already in your pocket (for foreign guests, proof of testing is required when crossing the border).
- Antigen rapid tests can be done in public test stations (validity 48 hours; also possible for foreign guests without Austrian e-card).
- Self-testing under supervision in the municipalities (validity 48 hours; also possible for foreign guests without Austrian E-Card)
- Self-tests and living room tests with QR code or official registration (valid for 24 hours; note: this test is not valid for crossing the border) - Austrian guests, also from the other federal provinces, can bring these tests from home and also use them on holiday. They are valid throughout Austria.
- Note: Rapid antigen tests in pharmacies are only available for Austrians with an e-card (validity 48 hours)
- Point of sale tests are an "emergency solution" for businesses to test guests who cannot show a negative COVID 19 test (validity only in this one business).
This is how the "entrance tests" work
Testing on holiday
- Can be proven by means of vaccination certificate, vaccination card or printout.
- The initial vaccination is valid from day 22 after the 1st stitch for a maximum of 3 months from the date of vaccination.
- The 2nd sting extends the validity period by a further 6 months (i.e. 9 months from the 1st sting).
- Vaccines where only one vaccination is scheduled (e.g. from Johnson & Johnson) are valid from the 22nd day after vaccination for a total of 9 months from the date of vaccination.
- For people who have already recovered and have previously been vaccinated once, the vaccination is valid for nine months from the date of vaccination.
- Absence certificate or medical confirmation (valid for 6 months).
- Antibody test (valid for 3 months from date of test).