Holiday paradise for the whole family -
Make new FRIENDS in perfect tune with NATURE!
Grünau im Almtal, an idyllic SUMMER & WINTER holiday resort in the foothills of the Totes Gebirge mountain range - FAR AWAY from noisy traffic routes and tourist centers, is conveniently embedded in the scenic East of the SALZKAMMERGUT Region.
Endless woods, marvelous landscapes, unspoilt nature and a varied fauna and flora await you in this truly unique oasis for all those in search of rest and relaxation. That is why also Konrad Lorenz, the world-famous ethologist, chose to live here.
Special Highlights ...
* Cumberland WILDLIFE PARK
* Schindlbach KIDS´ WORLD
* ALMSEE Nature Preserve
* KONRAD LORENZ Research Center
* Farrenau MOUNTAIN ROAD (up to 1,200m above sea level)
* HIKING TRAILS for all ages and ambitions
* FOREST THEME TRAIL - "Trees, Wildlife, Miracles"
* Almtal FARMERS´ PROGRAM for CHILDREN
* FAIRYTALES by Helmut Wittmann
* Grünau-KASBERG SKI AREA (ski school, free skibus shuttle)
* CROSS COUNTRY SKIING Network
Theme trails, outdoor pool, hiking trails, tennis center, sauna, indoor pool from 6:30 pm
Grünau is located right on the ROMANCE TRAIL!
On the A1 motorway from Vienna or Salzburg, at the Voralpenkreuz (crossing) on the motorway A9 via Pettenbach and Scharnstein
On the motorway A8 via Passau - Wels - Sattledt - Voitsdorf - Pettenbach and Scharnstein
By bus: from Almsee to Grünau, from Gmunden to Grünau
By train: via Wels to Grünau
Linz (55 km)