60. Lake Castle Ort
First documented mention of a moated castle in 909
After the Peasants' Wars, the castle was not rebuilt until 1634
The Seeschloss Ort is located on a small island connected to the Toskana peninsula by a wooden bridge about 120 m long. It is the landmark of Gmunden. Until a few years ago, the spelling "Orth" was still common. On the left side of the inner courtyard, various high-water marks are marked, according to which the high water in 1594 in the Seeschloss Ort reached a height of 2.97 m and thus the top step of the ambulatory. The small castle chapel is dedicated to St. James. The castle tower, behind which the much smaller church tower almost disappears, bears the date "1092". The altarpiece depicts "Assumption of Mary", attended by James the Elder, the church patron.