Tannberg Stronghold in Ruins
The Tannberg Stronghold in Ruins occupies a dramatic position high above the village, jutting out over Kleine Mühl River at the base of a precipitous cliff.
The Castle was probably erected by Walther de Tannenberch around 1190.
Unfortunately, the Stronghold´s structure was let gone to rack and ruin. The only remains is the ring wall. Tips and talus densely overgrown with plants and parts of the walls that survived provide a idea of what the Stronghold may have looked like in its hey days.
The former administrative and housekeeping structures, the care ward and the tower have been evolved into a Mansion and Farmstead. As they are today used as residential dwellings they can only be visited from the outside.