© Photo: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH./Robert Maybach: Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
Enjoy the view in Upper Austria
SearchSearch
Close

St. Sebastian's, the Subsidiary and Pilgrimage Church

Münzkirchen, Oberösterreich, Österreich

The Church of St. Sebastian was erected as a subsidiary church after the Great Plague in 1635.

The Church features three altars, a chancel and a ring of two bells. It has one nave, five bays and an elaborate groin vault with a semicircle apse.
The year 1729 saw comprehensive extension and augmentation to the church.
The most noticeable and striking features of St. Sebastian´s Church are the high altar which is flanked by magnificent statues dating back to the years between 1635 and 1640, the tabernacle, the 18th century chancel and a Gothic crucifix of the 15th century.
Since 1973 St. Sebastian´s has been the location of the local graveyard.
Each year, pilgrims of the neighboring villages come to celebrate a church service on the first Saturday following January 20 which is the feast of Saint Sebastian.
St. Sebastian´s is as a popular wedding church as well.

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


St. Sebastian's, the Subsidiary and Pilgrimage Church
Stiegl 6
4792 Münzkirchen

Phone +43 7716 7234

Contact person
Pfarramt

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA