DACHSTEIN CIRCUIT Summercard Special
June 1st - October 2nd, 2022
The Summercard Special - 6 days / 5 nights - Hiking without luggage!
“World heritage region”: the mighty Dachstein – 2995 meters high – has been decorated with this award in 1997. The impressive mountain landscape along with Hallstatt and the region Dachstein Salzkammergut were named world heritage region by UNESCO.
Requirements and general information
The tour mainly covers alpine terrain. You will need appropriate mountain equipment and basic stamina. Necessary mountain equipment: ankle-high boots, functional clothes, rucksack, food and water, rain and sun protection, first-aid kit, mobile phone, possibly hiking sticks,…Your route is recorded for posterity when you enter your name in every hut logbook in the Dachstein Mountains. The routes are well signposted, although the signs could partly be covered by snow. Hence, it is imperative that you take your maps and the Dachstein hiking book with you. An experienced guide is available to accompany you upon request.
The carrying out of the tour is dependent on weather conditions! Alternative walking routes are always possible.
- 5 nights
- Luggage transfer included
- 5 x overnight stays with alpine breakfast (4 x overnight stays in ***inns/ hotels, 1 x in hut – double rooms or communal bunks, sleeping bags mandatory)
- 1 x welcome video with explanations and information that you need for the tour
- 1 x trip with the Dachstein Gletscherbahn cable car
- 1 x All inclusive - Schladming-Dachstein Summercard including the following benefits for your stay in Ramsau/Schladming:
- Planai Seilbahn – Schladming
- Rittisbergbahn – Ramsau
- Gipfelbahn Hochwurzen – Rohrmoos
- Schladminger Tauernseilbahn – Haus im Ennstal
- Riesneralm Bergbahnen (1 cable car (two way ticket) can be used per day)
- Toll roads: Dachsteinstraße, Reiteralmstraße, Ursprungstraße,...
- Vehicles: Hiking-taxi Haus in Ennstal, all public service vehicles Ramsau / Dachstein, Hiking buses Riesach, Ursprung & Hopfriesen, Bus Sölktäler, Bachlalm Shuttlebus
- Bathing lakes & swimming pools
- Museums and other leisure and nature activities, sport and hiking adventures
- family and children’s programs
(subject to alterations)
- 1 x luggage transfer - max. 2 pcs./person and max. 25 kg/piece of luggage
- 1 x hiking map (1 x per room)
- 1 x Dachstein hiking book (1 x per room)
- 1 x Transport from Steiner Haus – to Ramsau or Schladming
- Daily service hotline from 08.00 - 18.00 (also on weekends)
- A tree for your booking – we plant a tree for your booking
1st Day: Individual arrival in region Ramsau-Schladming.
Overnight stay in Ramsau or Schladming.
2nd Day: Take advantage of the Schladming Dachstein-Summercard during your two days stay – for hiking bus, cable cars, spas, price-reduced entrances and many more.
Overnight stay in Ramsau or Schladming.
3rd Day: Cable car to the Dachstein glacier – alpine hike on route 674 to Guttenberg lodge
~9,5 km, 4-5 hrs, altitude difference 264 m / 861 m
(Alternative route through the valley to Guttenberg lodge if weather conditions are not stable.)
Overnight stay at the Guttenberg lodge
Luggage transfer from the Tuerlwand to Groebming where you spend the following night (Overnight backpack - sleeping bag! - for the night in the Guttenberg lodge has to be carried by yourself)
4th Day: High altitude hike from Guttenberg lodge over the plateau “Am Stein” and Grafenbergalm to the Stoderzinken.
~13 km, 6 hrs, altitude difference 552 m / 860 m
Overnight stay at the Steiner Haus above Gröbming.
5th Day: Hike from the Stoderzinken over the Notgasse (500m long rock gorge with up to 2000 year old chiselled rock art) to the Brandalm mountain pasture – back over Brandmoos past the “Rote Wand” to the Bruenner lodge and further back to the Stoderzinken
~15 km, 7-8 h, altitude difference ascent/descent: 1169/1169 m – alternatively enjoy a relaxing day at the panorama hotel.
Overnight stay at the Steiner Haus above Gröbming
6th Day: After a hearty mountain breakfast - transfer from Steiner Haus to Türlwandhotel or the village Ramsau - your starting point. Individual departure.
Rates per person and arrangement in €:
01.06. – 02.10.2022
***hotel/inn in double room (communal bunks in hut) 549,--
Supplement half board (3 course dinner in inns/hotels and partly also in huts otherwise 1 course hikers-meal in huts) 118,--
Supplement4 x single room (communal bunks in huts) 83,--
Extra charge transfer to Ramsau/Schladming, for single traveler 45,--
Additional night double room with breakfast 58,--
Additional night supplement for half board 18,--
Additional night supplement for single room 13,--
Mountain guide on request
Day of arrival daily
Local tax is extra to pay on spot in each accommodation (from € 1,-- to € 3,-- per person/per night)
Notes on staying at an Alpine lodge:
- You must bring your own sleeping bag and pillow case - a hut sleeping bag does not provide sufficient warmth. Blankets and pillowcases are NOT available in the cabins due to Covid19;
- Bring your own mouth/nose mask
- On most huts, card payment is not possible. Take enough cash with you for food and drinks.
- Due to their location, not all huts can offer running water, hot water or showers. In some cases there is also no flushing system in the toilets.
- Dogs on request; not allowed in the sleeping areas. Attended stay in the winter room possible, partly dog kennels available, extra costs to be paid on spot. In Austria there is a general linen and muzzle requirement!
Due to environmental reasons we recommend to arrive and depart by public transportation.
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
We recommend travel cancellation insurance:
The standard terms and conditions of the Salzkammergut Touristik GmbH apply in the current version.