Dachstein Giant Ice Cave
These magnificent giant ice palaces rank among the greatest natural wonders of the Alps. People come from all over the world come to admire these subterranean Dachstein ice caves.
Gigantic cave glaciers, vast icebergs, frozen cascades of blue-coloured ice and "ice chapels" are just some of the highlights of your tour. These caves are the perfect refuge for humans and animals on cold, rainy days - just as they have been for thousands of years - and on a hot summer's day they are a welcome contrast to the outside world.
Caves are like ancient historic documents - a record of how the world has changed over time. Your tour guide will explain the findings of scientists who have tried to unravel the secrets of the earth's history.
Free admission to the "Caves Museum" while the caves are open to visitors.
NEW: Guided tour with the free Audioguide app "Hearonymus" for your smartphone avaiable in 7 languages.
Zur 360° Tour am Krippenstein ...
Dachstein Giant Ice Cave
Dachstein Höhlenwelt, Winkl 34
powered by TOURDATA
The ice cave is open during the opening times of the Dachstein Krippenstein cable car from May to October.
The Giant Ice Cave is open from 28 April until 28 October 2018.
Cave tours run from:
- 28.04.2018 to 15.06.2018: from 9:20 am to 3:30 pm
- 17.06.2018 to 29.06.2018: from 9:20 am to 4:00 pm
- 30.06.2018 to 09.09.2018: from 9:20 am to 5:00 pm
- 10.09.2018 to 28.10.2018: from 9:20 am to 3:30 pm
Please consult the information at the Schönbergalm intermediate station for tours through the cave.
General price information:
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 1 cave admission and guide € 34.50
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 2 caves admission and guide € 40.30
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Debit card
Discounts (Age-related / Groups):
Up and down the mountain by cable car + guided tour in the cave: EUR 15,50
RED. RATE WITH CARD 2018
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 1 cave admission and guide € 30,60
Uphill and downhill ride 1. section + 2 caves admission and guide € 36,30
Accessibility / arrival
* Salzburg - Highway A1 – Exit Thalgau – Bad Ischl – 25 km to Obertraun
* Vienna - Highway A1 – Exit Regau – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
* Villach - exit Golling or St. Martin - Richtung Gosau - Obertraun
* Graz - Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun - Obertraun
By train: www.oebb.at and https://westbahn.at
* Vienna: Railway station Vienna West – Attnang Puchheim – Obertraun
* Salzburg: Salzburg – Attnang Puchheim – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
By bus from Salzburg:
*Salzburg – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
- Parking space: 300
- Parking area for disabled: 5
- Bus parking space: 10
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Spring, Summer, Autumn
Other special suitabilities:
- Toilet facility
Dachstein Giant Ice Cave in Obertraun These magnificent giant ice palaces rank among the greatest natural wonders of the Alps. People come from all over the world come to admire these subterranean Dachstein ice caves. Gigantic cave glaciers, vast icebergs, frozen...